Jeremiah 33:3, KJV
Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
From passages like Jeremiah 33:3, we know that God loves to shew Himself to us, when we call to Him, in a big and mighty way.
Please do this very thing and call to Him for the Make Missions Great Again campaign, which field director Blake Purcell and his wife Cathy will be leaving for on Sunday, February 26, 2017.
As we prepare to celebrate the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, please pray that each of the following events will be enlightened and empowered by resurrection power, as Paul prayed in Ephesians 1:15-19:
For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers,
...according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places
- that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him,
- having the eyes of your hearts enlightened,
- that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,
- and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe...
Pray that God would show Himself great to save near Riga, Latvia.
- February 28 – March 5: Jurmala, near Riga, Latvia – Men’s Evangelical Seminar
There are 2 million Russian-speaking people in the Baltic countries, less than 1% of which are evangelical. 27% of Latvia’s 2 million people are Russian. To help Pastor Timur revitalize his church, Blake, SRS board member retired USAF Colonel David Briar, and pastors Yuri and Evgeni will attempt to give out 500 invitations to Russian men to attend the seminar on March 3 and 4, What Does It Mean to Be a Real Man?
Pray 50 men will attend the seminar and that 20 of those will eventually come to Christ and join the church!
Please pray for our pastors and students by name as they travel, live 2 weeks together in St. Pete, and return to their homes and families. During the intensive, they will:
- March 13 – 27: St. Petersburg, Russia – Intensive Course at the Biblical Theological Seminary of St. Petersburg
- Celebrate and Study the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation by listening to lectures from an expert in this history, Sergei, a Russian coming from the Ukraine. They will also lecture each other from Alister McGrath’s book, Reformation Thought (translated into Russian).
- Attend a 3-day module of the Leadership Institute, The Theology of Leadership, at the Christian University of St. Petersburg (whose facilities we use).
- Study Pastoral ministry with lectures from Paul David Tripp’s book, Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands (in Russian).
- Explore the Christian Worldview with lectures from Joshua McDowell’s book, Evidence that Demands a Verdict, C.S. Lewis’s, Miracles, and Blake Purcell’s essay, The Theology of Bribes
- Pavel Lozovski, Kolpino, (suburb of St. Petersburg)
- Yan Chelm, Engels, European Russia
- Nikolai Kyznetsov, Omsk, Siberia
- Victor Predvechni, Slavgorod, Siberia
- Pastor Sergey Sukharev, Kingdom of God Presbyterian Church, St. Petersburg
- Ruling Elder Victor Amelin, Kingdom of God Presbyterian Church, St. Petersburg
- Pastor Yuri Levchenko, Reflection Presbyterian Church, Dimitrov, (north of Moscow)
- Pastor Evgeniy Kruzhkov, Reflection Presbyterian Church, Dimitrov (north of Moscow)
- Pastor Ruslan Moroz, Light to the World Presbyterian Church, Romanovka, Far East
- Pastor Kirill Treschetka, Freedom in Christ Presbyterian Church, Kavalerovo, Far East
- Pastor Timur Anichkin, Riga Reformed Church of Jesus Christ Our Savior, Jurmala, Latvia
- Ruling Elder Vladislav Larionov, Reformed Church of Kazan, Kazan, near the Urals
Pray for Cathy Purcell’s ministry to parents of children in Club Butterfly, a club for disabled children. 15 parents will be coming to the banquet she prepares in the Purcell home, Saturday, March 25. Almost all of them have never studied the Bible.
- March 25: St. Petersburg, Russia – Banquet for Parents of Club Butterfly
Pray these precious parents would soon come to Christ and lead each other to Christ.
Pray for Blake’s and Cathy’s ministry to the men and women in Kavalerovo and Romanovka in pastors Kirill’s and Ruslan’s churches in the Far East.
- March 29 – April 9: Kavalerovo and Romanovka, Far East Russia – Church Visits
This will require a 10-hour flight from St. Pete to Vladivostok. Neither of these churches have ever had an American visit them. Getting to Kirill’s village requires an additional 1-hour flight north from Vladivostok. Kirill’s wife, Lydmilla, claims where they live is technically “the end of the earth”!
Pray according to Ephesian 1, that these folks would “know what is the hope to which he has called [them]… the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints”.
3 John 1:2 Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.
- Pray for Cathy and Blake to stay healthy as they take 7 flights, and travel 20,000+ miles during a 6 week period.